'Autism Awareness' is course for professionals who have little or no knowledge of autism and is designed to give them as much knowledge as is reasonably possible in 3 hours, so they feel less de-skilled when they meet autistic people and can apply themselves to helping in the most meaningful way.
It is the only Autism Awareness training that is APT-accredited and also gives you access to APT’s relevant downloadable resources for use post-course.
This short course is designed to raise your knowledge and awareness of the importance of autism and inform you about some of the key questions. Specifically:
- Why is it important to know about autism?
- How many young people have autism?
- What effect does autism have on the person living with it?
- What effect does autism have on friends and family?
- What causes autism?
- What happens for the person living with autism as they grow older?
- What are the most helpful responses we can make?
- What other help is available for those living with autism, and their families?
What you receive as a result of attending the training:
Each delegate will be registered as having attended the course and receive a certificate of completion.
Click ‘add to cart’ to purchase by card or PayPal. (If you are ordering for somebody else - or a group - create an account and select ‘Bulk Purchase’ once you have proceeded to cart.)
If you would like to be invoiced please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating; the course title, how many places you require, your organisation's purchase order number, and the name and address for the invoice to be sent to.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate 3 hours CPD
Your cart is empty